We are excited to announce that you can now link to the library catalog from wherever you are, when it's most convenient.
Our Library serves the whole JRC community, including adults, teens, children, b'nai mitzvah and the staff of our Religious School and Pre-School. JRC's Library is a Judaic reading and learning resource that includes books, periodicals, and digital media. The collection includes Reconstructionist and other Jewish thought and philosophy, Torah commentary, Jewish life, history, biography, fiction, poetry, and much more.
The mission of the Library of the Jewish Reconstructionist Congregation is to promote lifelong learning at JRC and to reinforce and support congregational programming.
The Library is located on the 2nd floor, in the southeast corner of the building. Our staffed hours during the Religious School year are:
|Tuesdays & Thursdays||3:00 pm - 6:30 pm|
|Sundays||8:30 am - 1:30 pm|
Our staffed hours during the summer months are:
|Tuesdays & Thursdays||10:00 am - 2:00 pm|
- Readings for Torah Study and D'vrei Torah.
- Our bibliographies include the following topics:
- Jewish Folklore (for Adults)
- The Jewish Graphic Novel and Jewish Women
- Jews of Medieval Spain
- Gender and the Bible
- Links to other library resources.
JRC Book Group
- The Book Group meets in the JRC Library on the 2nd Sunday of most months. Please check the Calendar for dates, times and selections.
- See what the Book Group has read since 1986.
- The Library is staffed by Eva Eisenstein and indispensable volunteers. Eva holds a masters degree in library science and has managed Judaic libraries for over 15 years. She is a member of the Judaica Library Network of Metropolitan Chicago and the Association of Jewish Libraries. Eva can be reached by email or at ext. 2255.
- Make a donation to support the Library.
- Show your love for the library and become a Friend of the JRC Library.
- The Birthday Book Club is a fun opportunity for children to participate in donating books to our collection.